Empowerment Matters and Irwin Mitchell Solicitors Care Act Workshop – New Date
Are you prepared for the Care Act?
Following the success of our recent Care Act seminars working in partnership with Irwin Mitchell law firm, we are pleased to announce a further date in Manchester.
The workshop will be relevant to advocates or others who support individuals.
They will cover:
- Information about the legal framework, focusing on the Act’s practical application
- The ‘Well-being’ principle and what this means in practice
- Best practice in ‘needs assessments’ and care & support planning
- How the Care Act will work in practice and options for challenge
- The independent advocate’s role under the Care Act
- Eligibility for advocacy including interface with IMCA
- Supported decision-making
- Top Tips when supporting an individual whose care/support needs are being assessed.
As with our previous workshops, there will be time for participants to have their questions/queries addressed by legal professionals.
To book a place at one of the following workshops:
2nd June 2015 10 – 1pm at Irwin Mitchell offices in Manchester
please click on this link here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3RSWMZJ