Empowerment Matters and Irwin Mitchell Solicitors Care Act Workshop
Are you prepared for the Care Act?
Following the success of our Litigation Friend seminars working in partnership with Irwin Mitchell law firm, we are holding a series of workshops prior to implementation of the Care Act in April 2015.
The workshop will be relevant to advocates or others who support individuals.
They will cover:
- Information about the legal framework, focusing on the Act’s practical application
- The ‘Well-being’ principle and what this means in practice
- Best practice in ‘needs assessments’ and care & support planning
- How the Care Act will work in practice and options for challenge
- The independent advocate’s role under the Care Act
- Eligibility for advocacy including interface with IMCA
- Supported decision-making
- Top Tips when supporting an individual whose care/support needs are being assessed.
These workshops have now finished but if any organisation would like in-house training, please get in touch.
What people have said about this course:
“Sue and Alex were brilliant. They tried to explain everything in a short period of time”.
“Very useful, constructive and enlightening course”.